Monday, June 13, 2011

What Robert Murphy is looking forward to and what he is not looking forward to

Written by: Robert Murphy, Student

What I am Looking forward to?

On day 3 of our trip to Costa Rica the first service project where we will be working in the community where we will work with the community where we will to help expand the paved roads in the neighborhood. I think it will be interesting to see how they pave roads down there without the big machines that construction workers use like the pavers and asphalt machines we have here in the U.S. It will also be interesting to see how the community members react to seeing students from the U.S. helping them build the roads and seeing their reactions, some are going to be bad and some are going to be happy.

I am also excited about going to the rainforest as I never been to a rainforest before and I might get to try the fresh fruits of the rainforest that dont have any chemicals on them like the fruits from farms have chemicals that make em bigger and last longer while the ones in the rainforest don't.

What I Am not looking forward to?

Well on Day 10 we will be zipping through the Rainforest on a zip-line, yes it sounds like fun but to me a non-height type of guy, I would rather stay on the ground on my feet not looking down towards the ground at high speeds. As you may tell I have a fear of heights and fast moving things at the same time. This is the only thing on the trip that I am not looking forward to but i plan on trying the zip-line as it is part of the Costa Rican trip experience and I don't want to miss out on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment