Monday, June 13, 2011

Excitement & Fear

Written by: Bethany Daffern Student

One of the main things that I'm excited for is going into the rain forest and actually getting the chance to zip line through it! It's something that is going to be different, exciting, and actually an adventure for some. Another thing that I'm excited for is meeting the high school students on Day 2 which some of us have had a chance to talk to. We'll all be able to meet kids our age and be able to talk to them and learn about them and what they do in school, and see how it differs from the education that we got.


The things that I'm nervous about is once we meet the high school kids its going to be more difficult to talk to them, seeing as though most of them mainly speak Spanish even though they are learning English in their school. It's going to be hard when we go anywhere because we're going to have to know some kind of Spanish to make it through our time in Costa Rica knowing either little to no Spanish and adjust. Another thing that I'm afraid of are the spiders and snakes. I am someone who doesn't like snakes at all. If i see one I'll move cautiously out of the way and in the opposite direction to not direct the attention of the snake.

1 comment:

  1. I am also excited about the zip-lining through the rainforest because I have always wanted to go to the rainforest and adding zip-lining to the mix and it creates a really cool experience that Ill remember forever but im so nervous about the Spanish aspect because im really rusty.

    ReplyDelete