Monday, June 13, 2011

Excitement and fear

Austin Murphy, Student
The Costa Rica trip is one week away and I am so excited to be going on this trip. On Day 3, I am excited to be doing the service learning project in La Carpio and the social activity as we will be working in an environment that needs help. Since La Carpio is on the outside of the city, they do not have much access to paved roads. I think the experience of paving roads, and working alongside the Ticos of Costa Rica. This will be an amazing experience to expand my knowledge of the Spanish language and to practice my abilities in Spanish. Also seeing how the Ticos live compared to us in the United States will be amazing as we know they live differently but seeing it firsthand will be great.
One thing that I am afraid of is zip lining. I am nervous about swinging through the jungle like a monkey. I think this is going to be a fun and rewarding experience for us as a group. I am a little afraid of heights. One way i am going to accomplish this fear is to let other people go first and then ill go. I think this is the best approach to this fair as watching others lets me build up confidence in order to over come my fairs.

1 comment:

  1. Doing the service project is going to fun, and its going to be a learning experience and it's going to be something that we can learn some team building together. But don't be afraid of zip lining you'll be fine :)

    ReplyDelete