Monday, June 13, 2011

What your science teacher is looking forward to and what he's afraid of

Written by: Mr. Moreland, science teacher

What I’m Excited About:
On Day 5, we will be going to the Poas Volcano and meeting with Roldolfo Van der Laat. The view of the volcano is spectacular! At times it is foggy, and you can’t see the caldera, or the top, of the volcano. Then all of a sudden the fog clears and you get to see the immense size of the volcano. It reminds me of driving south, towards town, on the Parkway North and making the final turn before you see the Pittsburgh skyline. I also really enjoyed seeing all of the tropical plants and animals that we got to see during the hike up to the top of the volcano.

What I’m Afraid Of:
There are two things that I am afraid of. First, on Day 2, we are interviewing three people: Epsy Campbell, Manuel Obregon, and Ms. Melissa. There is a lot of activity this day, and I am worried that near the end of the day our group will lose their focus and attention span. My other biggest worry is the risk of injury during our service learning activities in La Carpio and at Quebrada Arroyo. I hope that all of you pay attention while you work and that you safely handle any tools. The last thing I want to do is to take one of you to a hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment