Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Days 1 & 2 & 3 !



written by Antoinette Davis, Student
edited by Mr. Moreland

Day 1:

Waking up at 2:30 in the morning was a hard thing for me to do. When I arrived the airport I thought I was going to cry but surprisingly me nor my mother did not cry. As I got ready to get on the plane, I was very nervous because I have never been on a plane before I only heard stories about them. When I got on the plane I was still nervous but as I looked out the window I started to become less nervous until I experienced turbulence. Now that I have experienced that I HATE planes.

Anyways, as we arrived in Cost Rica I noticed that it was totally different from what I was used to. I noticed so many differences between America and Costa Rica. The biggest difference was the food. I though I wouldn't like it at all but with my side of Red Hot Sauce it was okay. When bed time came round I was exhausted and I slept like a baby this night!

Day 2:

Getting up wasn't too hard because I got such a good rest, but when breakfast came round my attitude changed. I didn't really like the breakfast so I didn't eat anything but the toast. As we left the hotel we went to visit the Dos Pinos company. The tour was very interesting. At the end they gave us ice cream which was nice. After that tour we made it back to our hotel for lunch which was OKAY and then headed out to meet our pen pals. As we were leaving it started to pour down rain so since we walked there we were soaked. That was the hardest thing for me to deal with. I really don't like being wet, so having to sit in wet clothes and talk to people gave me a little attitude. That quickly changed when I meet the students. They were so nice and funny. Even though I don't speak much Spanish and they don't speak much English we manged to make conversation. So after that was dinner then salsa dancing which was very fun. I learned that I am very good salsa dancer. I wish we could of stayed there a little bit longer but it was too late.

Day 3:

I'm still getting used to everything but today the breakfast was good. After breakfast it was our first day to start work. After going out to La Carpio all of my thoughts about how I live and what I do changed. Seeing their community in the shape it was in and learning that the people of the community have to fix it themselves made me what to help out much more. Helping them felt good and even though we couldn't fix every thing I think our little bit of helped worked. So since we have two days to work at La Carpio I think that everything we do between the two days will help the community out in big way.

No comments:

Post a Comment