Friday, July 1, 2011

Last Full Day in Costa Rica (Day 11)



By Jared Sams
Edited by Mr. Moreland

It's the last day and we leave tomorrow after a long two weeks here in Costa Rica. The trip has been great and I've learned a lot about myself by visiting another country. We've helped and met many different people with big projects for both families and students. It gave an insight on how people live, what they go through, and for the most part, what it means to them.

I used to question whether or not this trip would be life changing or if I would get anything out of it. The truth is that this trip changed my life and the way I view many things. I also learned that I can do a lot more than I think I can if I just take the time to try.

The two things I realized from this trip. First, we as Americans have a lot more than we think we do and that we have it a lot easier than other people in other countries. The second thing is that technology isn't as important as we make it seem. It can tear people apart much faster than it can bring people together. We should take time to be with the people who mean the most to us instead of being connected to a computer or cell phone.

1 comment:

  1. Jared!

    I'm so proud of you for taking on the challenge and succeeding in the most important goal of the trip--opening yourself to new and different ideas and ways of living.

    Safe travels. I can't wait to hear more about your new discoveries.

    Fondly,
    Mr. O

    ReplyDelete